Re: Re: Re: Re: Amateurs and ITEA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy M. Luna on May 21, 2003 at 22:38:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Amateurs and ITEA posted by wrong approach on May 21, 2003 at 18:06:01:

OK. Here goes. I usually don't get involved with these types of posts, but in this case I cannot refuse. I am an non-professional player who loves playing the horn and listening to others better than I am play. I don't quite understand what is desired when concerning a liason between pros and amateurs. There is a division and forever will be one. A summer baseball league player doesnt expect to show to a major league event and be given the same billing as a professional. It is up to us to create our own opportunities. ITEA must be both professional and academic. If it were any less, the strides in tuba/euphonium advancements over the last 30 years would not have happened. My hats go off to all of the people who have paid their dues and have been dilligent in their pusuits to become a professional at whatever level. Again, we as non pros MUST create our own opportunities. Whether a pro is approachable matters not. Its own own self perception and self esteem issues that keep us at the bottom of the tuba playing heap.

A little more than my $.02

Follow Ups: