Re: a dumb post here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on May 23, 2003 at 13:05:25:

In Reply to: a dumb post here posted by js on May 23, 2003 at 02:34:19:

I generally keep quiet in public when things go bad. I have had my own share of not so stellar displays of tubadom.

An excellent example, IMO, are tuba conferences. They serve good purposes, but in general I only truly enjoy about 5-10% of the performances. I get more from the lectures. I have mentioned enjoying hearing Roger Bobo, Roland, Howard Johnson, Michael Sanders, Tony Kniffen, Steven Mead, Rex Martin, and a few others at conferences. I have heard many many more mediocre and sometimes downright bad performances.

I will rarely post about performances which I did not enjoy. One of the few times I did was the recording which is out of the John Williams Tuba Concerto which did not care for. That was because people were looking for a reference recording and that one is not the one to use.

I see nothing wrong with the right to remain silent. I also see nothing wrong with occasional well thought out criticisms. I do see something wrong with professional critics who criticise out of their own need to bolster their perceived credit worthiness. I also hate trolls.

Follow Ups: