Re: Buy a CC just for fun?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on November 15, 2000 at 18:08:24:

In Reply to: Buy a CC just for fun? posted by Carl L on November 15, 2000 at 17:49:11:

Wow, I won't try to get into comparisons, but aren't you having "fun" playing BBb anymore? If you're trying to generate some excitement by changing equipment (I do it all the time) I would suggest a horn that would complement your current instrument rather than compete with it. Try an Eb for fun. You can get about twelve of them off eBay for the price of a new CC, and one is bound to be a good player. Then, just for fun, take good digital pictures of the other horns and repost them with accurate descriptions, and watch your money double!
For those of you who doubt the sincerity of this post, just check out an auction by Tuba(AT)BassGuitar.com (that's me) versus most of the others, and see who brings the Benjamins! (I think that's the expression.) Of the several Eb horns I've bought, I've found one keeper in an old Besson, had my hands on some historically significant (but barely playable) horns, and turned them over at an average of $100 profit each, including bell rolling and minor dent work.
Just an idea.
MF

Follow Ups: