Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Enigmatic Hatred? on November 15, 2000 at 22:06:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J posted by Josh on November 15, 2000 at 20:49:40:

Josh, you're killing me here. Who pissed in YOUR cornflakes??? These *are* just words, right? Did I touch a nerve? Is the sky blue??

Your disparaging straw man arguement aside, I'd just as soon get kicked off of this BBS for not being politically correct as to sit back and not respond.

1) no one asked for endorsements, Barry asked for comparisons, and some enthusiast started a flame war. I have high regard for Matt and David, and if they could afford to send a horn out here "on approval" I am sure they would. When I read your style of tripe I have no interest in sharing what little I might (debateably) bring to this miscreant punk-forum (spoken in a true spirit of fellowship)

2) Leave Matt and David out of this, unless they'd pre-approve your mudslinging "east coast" attitude. Why don't you call them and ask before you say it publicly! (more pineapple poll for you my friend!)

3) The UMI dealer in Oakland will not carry these horns because he feels he cannot afford to have a horn for 3-6 months in his shop when people on the other side of the country can sell them for less (because they turn more inventory) That dealer is the best brass crafter in the bay area, I'm amazed you cannot see legitimate concern of another member of "the brotherhood" for what it is.

4) Actually the B&M is BETTER than sliced bread, and it feels good to play it (just like it's initials would imply) it is NOT "the horn to end all horns" ...that would be a 56J, correct?? ;^} (apologies parents, but children are the ones who REALLY appreciate bathroom humor, that remark was for all the children of this list)

5) for whatever reasons though, I am sure YOUR opinion and dialog are FAR more important than mine. If you sir are any indication of the future of this BBS, organizations like T.U.B.A., and the future tuba christmas leaders of America, then I'll just leave you to the Charlie Krauses, Alex Kidstons, and other ware-hawkers. Thanks for reminding me of the joys of membership in this delightful brotherhood!

Follow Ups: