Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh on November 15, 2000 at 20:49:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J posted by A Guy in CA on November 15, 2000 at 20:12:18:

"I haven't heard anything in this string yet that makes me hot to go buy a 52/56 tuba"

What'll make you hot to go buy one, Dale? Do you need an endorsement from a "big-name" pro? I guess since Jason's name among others don't ring a bell it doesn't seem all that attractive? Do you want a tape of the endorsers to judge their talent thereby validating their opinions of the horn? Do you want some more pictures at varying angles? Why don't you call Matt or Dave Fedderly and see what THEY think, or are they not big enough names because they're too "East Coast"?

You're the joker that was basically calling Matt Walters and Scott Mendoker a liar doubting the horn's existence and charging them with underselling the horns to their students/clientel and creating a monopoly on its distribution several months ago! You're lucky you didn't have a lawyer knocking on your door. Now all of a sudden you're not interested in the horn because it's too guache, too hip, too trendy, too VW Bug, too Old Navy? Oh well, your loss. If you sell that previously billed "horn-to-end-all-horns" Boehm und Meinl, you might want to give one of these overhyped trendy horns a try. We'd probably see your PT4 on the auction block next.

"as a member of a helpful community"

You're the joker that was basically calling Matt Walters and Scott Mendoker a liar doubting the horn's existence (I believe "marketing hype" was your exact term on TubaEuph) and charging them with underselling the horns to their students/clientel and creating a monopoly on its distribution several months ago! You're lucky you didn't have a lawyer knocking on your door. Before you start slandering those in this thread who gave their opinions (however unfamiliar their names are in your hierarchy of tuba jocks), maybe you ought to review your history of slanderous remarks towards well-respected readers of this board and just see how "caring and helpful" you have been.

Some of us can't figure out what it is about this horn that gets under your skin. Some of us can't figure out why you feel the need to slam a horn you haven't played and slam the individuals who endorse it. We've watched this enigmatic hatred swell in your breast for over a year now.

Josh

Follow Ups: