Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Guy in CA on November 15, 2000 at 20:12:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J posted by Todd on November 15, 2000 at 14:32:50:

Hi Todd,

I wanted to ask you, as a member of a helpful community, would you be willing to put up the cash to purchase one of these cult-classic instruments for us to try?
j/k I obviously didn't think you would. I just thought adding yet another ridiculous statement to this thread would help clarify something you may not realize, an approval period is AFTER you pay for the horn and THEN receive it. Even 99.9% of the the pros have to pay for a horn, wait to get it, and if it doesn't fit their bill then they return it.

I don't wanna sound like your Econ 101 teacher but I am sure Sean would agree with me.

I haven't heard anything in this string yet that makes me hot to go buy a 52/56 tuba,
let alone go too far out of my way now just to "try it out." It's a shame too, because their design and rapidly growing (albeit rabid) following DOES make us wonder, and they may well BE really good tubas for the money. It's kinda like before Harleys became yuppified, the bikes looked pretty damn good on paper but the people who rode them were often so unseemly you wouldn't wanna go near them! Thanks for all the helpful info, and more pineapple poll to you guys...caring and helpful group that you/we are!

Follow Ups: