Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd on November 15, 2000 at 14:32:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J posted by Guy in lurker's part of the country on November 15, 2000 at 14:18:06:

In response to all of the postings preceeding this one.....Geez! As far as being able to make a judgement on how well a tuba plays, you can't get a decent feel for how a horn plays, how it sounds, how the action on the valves is, WITHOUT seeing it first hand. I understand that in CA there are no suppliers that have the Conn's in stock. If you are truly interested in trying them out Dillon Music in NJ (I love you matt! :)) and Baltimore Brass company based out of Maryland each carry this model of tuba. I know Matt at Dillon would gladly ship someone a tuba for trial if they are interested in purchasing a new tuba. I can't speak for BBC BUT from my sources who have dealt with Dave Fedderly, he is a very friendly and accomodating gentleman that could possibly ship you one. I know...the shipping comes out of YOUR pocket. But shipping costs sure beat the money for gas or a plane ticket to try one out. And besides....if you really like the horn....you keep it and the shipping wasn't done in vane(spelling?).

May I make a gentle reminder to the BBS?

The tuba community as I have seen it is a very caring and helpful group of professionals, amateurs, and students. Let's keep the talk friendly shall we? :) Let's leave the "flaming" to personal emails...or better yet...not at all. Thanks! I don't want to sound like the BBS "dad", but I think Sean Chisham would agree with my statement.

Follow Ups: