Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Guy in lurker's part of the country on November 15, 2000 at 14:18:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J posted by Rick on November 15, 2000 at 13:46:23:

Aw gee Rickie... we're at a real disadvantage here in CA as NO ONE HAS these horns anywhere around here, makes it DAMN difficult to "give one a test run." Since we're so disadvantaged here should I appreciate your insightful post? Sorry, I can't.

1)Why do you disparage the ability or interest others have in tuba design? Since you chose to be anonymous, is your perspective even worth the bandwidth it consumes?

2) I bet you cannot name two people who have done a-b comparisons of several examples of each horn in a hall, which is really the only way to get an accurate feel for the VERY slight differences in design between the two. These horns are new on the scene, the G50's been around a while, and I'd dare say a few note-able pros would strongly defend their use of the G50 "in the hall."

3) As to your snide (no, not ascerbic but SNIDE) comment comparing a russian-built inexpensive tuba to a Hirsbrunner, all I'd say is YOUR credibility is really enhanced by the caliber of THAT comparison. Makes me wonder who pissed in YOUR cornflakes this morning?

4) If you've a problem with terms like "scope", and you have no respect for the clarity of such a term, or have no idea what it means, there might be a better way for you to look at things, but you'll need to open your mind to resolve that lack of understanding.

5) Bottom line "go play one" isn't much contribution to a discussion. I might be out on a limb here, but I'd dare say you COULD contribute something more than goofy criticism. Go for it, if you have it in you.

Follow Ups: