History engraved on you horn!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Hale on November 17, 2000 at 01:34:01:

I'd like to suggest a tradition that should have starded at least a hundred years ago! Engraving the history of the owners on the backside (your line of site where we look when we are holding the horn in our lap)of our tubas. Just large enough for the owners to put their name, address and years they owned it. Each new owner adding to the list when they get it.
Can you imagine the names that would be there for us to enjoy on so many of the older (and newer) horns if we'd started 100 years ago! Wow!
Now, with LAZER ENGRAVING, the cost if very resonable. They can keep it tiny if you like and yet still readable. It could also make the horn much harder to fence if it were stolen.
I don't generally (pardon the pun) toot my own horn but I think it's a terrific idea and want full credit (but no residuals please) for suggesting it! I'm going to start the process on all my major horns next week!
And please...don't any of you out there try and tell me you thought of it first! Driver's license numbers don't count! LET'S DO IT!

Follow Ups: