Re: Pondering a new leadpipe...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 20, 2000 at 14:29:44:

In Reply to: Pondering a new leadpipe... posted by Rick Denney on November 17, 2000 at 18:11:42:

Thanks for the comments. It never occurred to me to look at the small end.

Yes, I think it would be simple enough to shorten the leadpipe at the mouthpiece end and install a new receiver, as long as I can mount the receiver on a curved section of leadpipe. Straightening the curved pipe might be a bit out of my range, though I think I could do a bit of it.

Anybody know where I can get hold of a new mouthpiece receiver (pro euph taper)? A spare in a junk box would be nice, or I can call Badger State and get one. Which would be best, Besson? Yamaha?

As for the size of the 321 leadpipe going into the valve cluster being a hair large, the difference of 0.01 inches seemed small enough so as not to cause much problem. I might have trimmed it a bit or worked it down a hair to fit in the Reynolds ferrule.

Yes, I'm hacksaw-qualified, though I'm not sure I'm good enough with a torch to removed and replace the pipe without buring about two acres of lacquer. I'll definitely need a better torch for that bit of delicacy.

Should I prove too timid to do this myself, who do you guys suggest in the Northern Virginia (DC) area for such a project?

Rick "appreciative" Denney

Follow Ups: