Re: Re: Re: Balt. Brass visit plus King questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on November 07, 2001 at 14:38:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Balt. Brass visit plus King questions posted by Rick Denney on November 07, 2001 at 11:32:10:

The source for your assumption of uniform dimensions of central parts of tubing from Imperials/New Standards over Sovereigns to Prestiges might be known by me.

But to conclude from that uniformity to an exchangability of the bottom bow of an Imperial/New Standard by one from an unspecified Yamaha is a bit farfetched. At least in my opinion.

That the valve bore of a Yamaha clone is very close to that of a Prestige does not give any foundation for conclusions about dimensions of any bottom bows. Once more: At least in my opinion. (And please remember, that I have spoken in favour of that Yamaha clone as a valid choice at the level just below the comp euphs).

But as long as the man hours involved are your own, and as long as the process is kept reversible, no harm should be done.

Still I think, that the best bottom bow for an Imperial/New Standard is the original one. That a dedenting has made some changes to the outer end geometry should be a minor problem. I would accept the increased demand on solder material volume to keep the stays in place.

Klaus

PS: Some music instruments Brooker Mays have a very favourable offering on a comp euph model for the next days.

Follow Ups: