How Good/Bad Are......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Herrick on November 08, 2001 at 15:01:34:

TROMBONES ?!? Okay, a bit off our ususal, but some of you, especially teachers might be able to help out. The local primary instrumental teacher asked me to make some recommendations on student instruments to purchase. A dealer had recommended Beuscher trombones. Being in the middle of nowhere in Australia it is a bit hard to keep up with and check out the latest available. Cost is important as the budget is very limited and good value for money for instruments for grade 5 beginners is required. If anybody has recommendations on good student lines across the board I'd love to hear from you so that I can offer the best possible advice. Maybe an e-mail would be the go as some purists might not appreciate us taking up too much space on this board.

By the way, if you are a dealer who would be interested in some small scale exporting you might like to include more info as dealers here seem happy with big margins,small turn-over and minimum effort. As an example a Conn 52J could be imported from a US dealer and be in hand at Aust$11,000, dealers want 19K.

Thanks for the advice - I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Ken Herrick
Chinchilla, Queensland, Australia
tubamaster(AT)bigpond.com

Follow Ups: