Re: price/protection/convenience/nerdiness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on November 26, 2001 at 23:26:05:

In Reply to: price/protection/convenience/nerdiness posted by js on November 26, 2001 at 23:00:01:

Joe, get off your high horse. I have never gotten a dent in my current horn while it was INSIDE the bag. NEVER. let me say that again. NEVER. that me say that a different way. NEVER.

On the other hand, having a bag has saved me from a lifetime of back trauma, has enabled me to put my tuba in my trunk countless times, has made is possible for me to carry a tuba, a trombone, and a euphonium all at the same time so I can earn a living private teaching. I can hold the tuba with one hand, the trombone in the other, and put the euph over my shoulder, at at the same time the case is light enough that I can hold the hold with just a couple fingers, and use the remaining fingers to open a door.
I have to walk up and down stairs, navigate crowded hallways, and sometimes park on the other side of the school as the band hall.
When I was in college, the parking lot was at least a half a mile away from the music building. No problem, I put the horn on my back, and it's almost like it's not there.
It's really not that hard to avoid getting dents in your horn while in a bag, I just wish I could avoid them while the horn was out of the bag.
For the record, I play a thin brass cerveny, with a side loading dolly bag. I will put it up against your quilt anytime, anyplace.

Follow Ups: