Re: Again String vs.Tuba Post.Analyse

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dennis ,again on November 01, 2002 at 17:19:30:

In Reply to: Again String vs.Tuba Post.Analyse posted by Volker on November 01, 2002 at 08:20:25:

I don't think that we have to create jobs for tuba players to insure it stays around. I think the best way to keep it around is to get more non-pro players out there. We don't really need to set their sights on that one job in the symphony which is won and held for 30 years because if they don't get it, they think they have failed. We need to encourage a non-professional involvement for a lifetime.

I have a good job as an engineer and tuba is my hobby. All my friends hunt and fish and buy 20,000.00 fishing boats and 4-wheelers and guns and 2000.00 guided hunting trips, but they have never performed and got those goose bumps when it is all just right. But this is not there fault, it's what they were surrounded by when they grew up. I like to do all that stuff too but I like the tuba better, so I buy tubas and tuba stuff. I also buy tickets for me and my family to go see you pros play and take trips to see you play. I get enjoyment and my children get to learn and experience something great and most time rare where I live. And this helps promote professional tuba playing jobs. It's all about money. Lets get many people involved at a low level and there won't be any need for the rich to give hand-outs to our orchestras and symphoys.

I wish every little town in America had it's own brass band like in Germany.

Follow Ups: