Charlotte strike settlement

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Mills on November 09, 2003 at 07:13:33:

We've voted to go back to work in Charlotte.The money is our same weekly salary(minus of course the weeks out on strike so I'm down about $7000 for this year). Next year we'll be back to last year's wage, then move up modestly in years 3,4&5 until the base is 40k, tuba and other principals will be at + 20% of that.
Most non-economic take aways were removed by management(sick days, disability, personal days, required sectionals,etc,etc)
Health coverage will be studied by a joint committee to find the best plan for the given sum.Arbitration will be used if no agreement is reached.
Another committee will meet regularly to discuss mgt. concerns of attendance and other CONTROL issues.
My trust in Lenny Lebowitz as deal broker was well founded.As a last minute ploy , he proposed binding arbitration on all issues by a major orchestra executive .This never came into play, but shows his creativity , and trust in our positions.
Now if I can just afford the new Alan Baer implants...
I still don't listen to classical music but I did hum abit on stage last night during the 2nd mvt of the Franck D Minor. Yours, DaveM

Follow Ups: