Re: More freshman tuba questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim G on November 10, 2003 at 18:57:58:

In Reply to: More freshman tuba questions posted by Debbie on November 10, 2003 at 13:26:04:

i wish my parents bought me a getzen CC in high school, however they did buy me a yamaha ybb-016 which is a 5/4 horn and was MASSIVE. it'd never fix on a bus, even with a gig bag. now i own a miraphone, and i play it as a music major in college, some helpful advice. always play your princible horn, learning the complex fingerings is a lot easier when you're not switching horns.

the CC tuba you bought will help with fingerings, it is not because it is a CC that makes little to no difference, it is the fact it has 5 valves and can use alternate fingerings. when you get the horn make sure to have him or you play with fingerings and know what the horn can do.. if you're playing a song with a difficult passage with many sharps learning some alternates might help.

as for transportation it looks like you got that covered... when traveling always always always always always keep it in the case, when it is not in use.. in case... you never know when someone is gonna knock it over.

if needed there are some helpful fingering charts on this very website, make sure they're not overlooked... goodluck with horn.

~TG

Follow Ups: