Re: Re: Re: Mid-South Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe on November 20, 2003 at 20:35:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Mid-South Music posted by Wade on November 20, 2003 at 19:17:10:

might like to someday lock the door and open up a nice, user-friendly website.

Joe "who is growing weary of selling Rico reeds / Al Cass oil, and re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-repairing instruments"

It might nice to sell fewer/nicer instruments, do fewer/more interesting/less time-sensitive repairs, and accept more daytime and out-of-town/out-of-the-country performance engagements...hmm, kinda reminds me of stuff I did when I was about twenty-five years old...

...Has anyone heard the story about the guy from New York City who took a European vacation, and one of the stops included a few skips through some isolated islands off of the Mediterranean coast? The tourist spotted a fellow sitting on a large rock near the water watching who was the sun go down. The New Yorker asked him, "What do you do for a living?" The native answered, " 'Living'...What do you mean?...I'm 'living' right now." The New Yorker explained, "No. What do you do to make MONEY?" The island native replied, "I really don't need much money. I occasionally go out work on one of the boats when the fishermen need extra help, and that gets me by just fine." The flustered New Yorker replied, "But don't you have any AMBITION? What about creating and expanding wealth?" The islander dropped his brow, rubbed his chin, and asked the New Yorker, "What will you do, once you've finally created all of the wealth that you think you need?" The New Yorker responded by saying, "Well, if I'm still in good health, I would like to move away to an isolated island, and just sit and watch the sun go down every day."

Follow Ups: