Re: Re: again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by New King owner on November 29, 2003 at 00:44:44:

In Reply to: Re: again posted by NM on November 29, 2003 at 00:25:15:

I've had a new King 2341 for a year and a half. I find the horn to be an excellent all around BBb horn. If you are looking for an "American" sound this is definitely a horn to consider. I use it for a 5 piece jazz ensemble and a 90 member band. The value for the price is excellent. I bought mine unseen from Matt Walters at Dillon music. In fact my horn is the one pictured behind Matt in his picture on that site. Matt picked the horn out of the five he had at the time and I bought it on his word. The horn delivers every thing Matt promised and I highly recommend dealing with Matt and Dillon's. Obviously it's better if you can go there in person but I couldn't. I also have heard excellent things about Dave Fedderly at Baltimore Brass - both of these sites can be found in the shops section of this site.

The downside to the King I have is that it has slides that need to be better aligned and you do occasionally have to do the "king spin" to empty it completely of water. The constuction in general is no match for my Rudy or Besson but it has an excellent sound and response. I'm a very satisfied owner.

Good Luck!

Follow Ups: