A suggestion for this BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Phil on October 08, 2000 at 10:33:20:

Get rid of all anonymous posts! This seems to be the wish of this board.

So,to clear out all the Anon posters, may I suggest that Mr. Chisham require BBS users to register their names before posting and make all names visible on all posts.

The fact that this isn't the practice is confusing to me. What I see is that any post that isn't BPC (BulletinBoard-Politically Correct) gets totally flamed and not evaluated on their own merits of thought, OR just gets REMOVED altogether. However, if the ANONAPost is ok (BPC-wise), it remains. However, most Anon. posts are not BPC, because these folks want to be able to honestly speak their minds, without others getting totally personal with their attacks.

In addition to the registration requirement, there should be a list of the taboo subjects, that constantly cause mean-spirited debate. Or better yet just list the topics that MAY be covered: Such as, Equipment, music lit, Sousaphone shank angles, how to increase high ranges on the tuba. (A BBS vote would probably help to decide)

These two things would clarify the purpose of this BBS and save all the wasted time in this BBS spent on cyberflames and edit-outs (like this post, probably!).

Follow Ups: