Re: A suggestion for this BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on October 08, 2000 at 11:50:52:

In Reply to: A suggestion for this BBS posted by Phil on October 08, 2000 at 10:33:20:

I believe this is covered in the FAQ. I would prefer to allow occasional anonymous posting so that people who have valuable information to share which may be contravercial or possibly even damning to their careers could do so more safely.

I have considerred writting a registration type component to the BBS, but the need has never been high enough in my mind to outweigh both the disadvantages and the needed time on my part to actually code something for this.

The BBS is meant as a public forum to share musical ideas. If the board ceases to be functional in this regard then I will either re-address yet more safeguards or just shut it down. I am no longer in the computer industry, so my technical chops get a little bit weaker every month. I am much more willing to devote time to musical preparation for upcoming recitals, auditions, and fundementals than I am to writing better search engines, registration databases, security logging, and the such.

If the few stop acting like children and more like professionals so the many can continue to have productive discussions than we won't have as many difficulties. The main purpose of the board is to discuss topics which can and will help each of us expand our musical knowledge.

sean

Follow Ups: