A weird discovery

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Krause on October 14, 2000 at 16:07:24:

I was helping a customer Friday morning and i have a new watch that is cloth with velcro and a leather top over the velcro. I bouth the band so I would not have to take off my watch anymore when I play so it does not scratch the tuba.
When I was trying out some CC's to let the guy hear them, I was using the first to tune it and my watch band with the leather was up against the bell and the tubas sound was clearer and noticeably brighter and had more punch. Took it off and it played normal. I had 4 witnesses that day as to the fact that they heard a difference. My tuba has a fat bell and a high top bow and it does not work on it. I tried it on tubas with leadpipes soldered to the bell and ones with standouts on the leadpipe. Both had the playing differences.
I was amazed how clean it made the lower register play just for a short when i wanted it brighter and cleaner. Such a strange and cool finding. Try it. The leather wa on the inisde of my wrist and this happened when I put pressure on the bell and only on the one point. I tried my hand and it did not work.
Have fun and no telling what u can find out in this new world.....

Later
Charlie Krause
866-292-0847
Tubastore
Sorry about the pics guys... both IE and Netscape worked for me.
Be Good and
This is one of the cloth watch bands that uses velcro. The brand I bought is Timex. This difference isn't a small one. It is truly a clear and noticeable difference.

Follow Ups: