Re: Re: Re: Eb tuba for a brass band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on October 02, 2001 at 07:02:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Eb tuba for a brass band posted by Andy Cattanach on October 02, 2001 at 02:36:47:

Thank you for the corrections! Obviously I am not only biased, I am also outdated and inclompetely informed.

The worst blunder was, that I forgot about Ifor James and Besses over the Barn. Because I actually have listened to the almost 25 years old LP they made together. With the beautiful little ballad "Windmills" by Ifor James, which I later on heard played by IJ himself as member of a quintet (was it the original Philip Jones quintet?).

That LP also had a piece called "Viva Vivaldi", which was an arrangement for 2 cornets and brass band of the 1st movement of the concerto for 2 trumpets.

A few years later inspiring me to use the whole piece as a duet for baritone and euph. Taken down a major 9th. Accompanied by the piano reduction issued to support the performance on two Bb trumpets. All of you high and junior high school level low brass teachers of course knew of this sparkling showcase for a couple of bright students, so I will say: Sorry for the digression!

Klaus

Follow Ups: