Re: Re: Re: Re: OK, I did it - update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on October 19, 2001 at 18:53:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: OK, I did it - update posted by js on October 19, 2001 at 16:36:20:

I respect your ideas regarding the validity of the comparison. I am now working on setting up an "apples-to-apples" comparison that can document the results. More to follow.

When I understand more science, I will dispute your assertion about the Bach Megatone mouthpieces with something other than conjecture. For now, I will say that I believe the difference in the Bachs is the lack of sufficient mass on the Megatone. It has been suggested that there are differences between the Bach 18 and the Bach Megatone 18. That is not what the Bach website says. I'll provide the link I have below and maybe someone can verify my observations. Admittedly, there is very little provided for each mouthpiece in the way of technical measurements but the ones that are given are identical for the regular 18 and the Megatone 18. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong chart? Still, it is my belief that the difference is the insufficient mass on the Megatone 18. Now if only I could prove that...

Follow Ups: