Posted by Dan on September 17, 1999 at 00:10:20:
In Reply to: Unusual(?) mouthpiece question posted by Doug on September 16, 1999 at 20:55:44:
Just a thought;
make sure that the finish on the mouthpiece is intact. If there is any brass showing on the rim of the mpc, this may be causing what is known as brass poisoning. When the skin is in contact with brass for an extended period of time it has an allergic reaction which can include tenderness, redness, or bleeding through the skin (no joke. unfortunately, this is the voice of experience talking). If the mpc is bad, get it replated or replaced.
Take the steps mentioned in the preceding post about hydration and sun and stuff, and keep plenty of vitamin E oil on your lips.
Take care, and good luck;