Re: My Mouthpiece; Requested by Klaus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by olituba on September 09, 2002 at 06:25:22:

In Reply to: My Mouthpiece; Requested by Klaus posted by Ellis Wean on September 08, 2002 at 23:32:25:

Hi, Ellis!

Thatīs really interesting! sometime in te early 80īs I seemed to notice increasing difficulty in copeing with "just the regular, normal standart mp" everyone else I knew played. (Standart ones by Klier, Tilz, Wick schilke, Bach...) So, I started going to Tilz and custom-making my own mpīs with the help of his skilled workers. What, slowly and over a number of years up until now evolved, appears to go in a similar direction to yours: My rim-surfaces tend to go wider and flatter, the edge into the cup get harder with every new mp. Behind that edge we tend to open up considerably more that standart or my first attempts. Only notable difference so far is, the cup on my mpīs donīt get shallower, but actually deeper, as I prefer a longer, cylindrical cup before a short funnel crammes the air together so it fits trough the throat.
Maybe we should try to combine our designs, who knows what would come out of that...

oli

Follow Ups: