Re: Re: Re: Meistersinger Trill

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason Alexander on September 14, 2002 at 20:16:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Meistersinger Trill posted by j on September 03, 2002 at 19:08:47:

I have to agree with Jarrod. No 52 week tuba player with a job would suggest such a thing because under all forms of higher classical music training suggest using a large tuba, typically a C tuba to be exact. Unless you live in Europe where the B flat or E flat tuba is more common, then using an F tuba should never be used. If you doubt what I say then take a lesson using the F tuba, with Fedderly, Kirk, Pokorny, or Bishop. I GUARANTEE they will laugh at you.
Using your assumption that "maybe he has a special ability "... I am certain Ron Bishop in all his years in the Cleveland Orchestra had ample opportunity to use his special ability to play Meistersinger on an F tuba but did he EVER do it... NO because it is played on the C tuba. So "j" stop helping to spread the bad advice of "Ted Cox" to the millions of young aspiring tuba players. It's people like you and Ted who create huge problems for college teachers when they receive students with big disabilities.

Follow Ups: