Re: Mouthpiece for British Eb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K on September 18, 2003 at 07:01:47:

In Reply to: Mouthpiece for British Eb posted by Luke on September 18, 2003 at 03:06:08:

The DW2 certainly is a very relevant choice for your instrument. Any of the DW-non-L models described on the page linked to below here will be relevant depending on your imagination of a desirable sound.

As you might have read in a recent thread, I find your instrument and its successor model on the bright side for my taste. But not more, than I follow the market to watch if a good offer for an Imperial should come up. Should I end up with an Imperial Eb, I would use either the DW1 or get a PT-50 with the relevant stem.

I have a Besson 981 (definitely a keeper), so I would not try to emulate it by putting a 981 leadpipe on an Imperial. However one should not dismiss that option. I think it is Ken K, who has had that change done to his Imperial. The main benefit is not the wider palette of mouthpiece choices, but the enrichening of the sound of the Imperial. The exchange of the leadpipe is much less problematic than one would expect. B&H/Besson is a very conservative maker. The bore and valve cluster architechture of the Imperial/New Standard is identical to that of the modern 981 and 982.

Klaus

Follow Ups: