Re: Re: Easter Gig

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Third Party on April 06, 2001 at 10:59:05:

In Reply to: Re: Easter Gig posted by Joe Baker on April 06, 2001 at 10:26:03:

I guess you could count me in the ranks of the "nonbeliever" because I do not subscribe to the trappings of organized religion (methinks it's a racket). But that's for another forum...

As much as some of these hackneyed music ministers get paid these days ($75k+ is not uncommon, even for the most modest of congregations), I think forking over a little dough for some quality musicians (NOT congregation members that USED to play way back in "ought 6") is not too much to expect. Sure, you can grab the high school and jr. high band kids in your congregation, but it's NOT going to sound like the tape you got with your score. I'm glad to take their money. I earned it and they're getting a polished product without any worry if I'll get lost (no matter HOW cryptic the conductor's beat pattern is).

I'm just reaping the harvest of another beautiful spring (and don't feel an inch of guilt).

Does that make me a bad person? Am I a musical whore? When that money helps pay for my child's private school, I don't care what the message is.

Respectfully,

Whoring in Walla Walla

Follow Ups: