Re: Re: Re: Lost art form or evolution?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Guy in CA on August 12, 2000 at 22:15:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Lost art form or evolution? posted by Tim Murphy on August 11, 2000 at 22:29:06:

When I want to haul 2 yards of drain rock, I use my Dodge Power Wagon, and NOT my BMW 3.0CSL coupe. If I ever go surfing again, it is likely I'll schlepp the board in my 57 Chevy Nomad, rather than sreap it on top of my BMW 2002 Tii.
However, if I am able to go racing with my car club, I will most likely use the 2002 or the CSL coupe.

Multiple instruments (over)compensation? HA. Sounds like you, gentle young reader, are intellectualizing, another common avoidance method described in the Psychoanalytic tradition alluded to in your post. Look it up, better still ask your teacher....just be sure to tell him where the question came from.

Such musings get old after a while, especially when its obvious no serious "thinking through" of multiple views is taking place. And when this starts, a young person's brash arrogance, or some teachers one-line remark repeated outSIDE the context of lessons can get really tiresome after a while. Perhaps the above analogies help you, gentle reader, to better understand...different tools for different uses, ok?

Follow Ups: