Re: Re: Re: cheapness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 06, 1999 at 15:44:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: cheapness posted by Joe S. on December 06, 1999 at 09:51:02:

Wow! You guys are really on a rant today, huh? I have to say that you guys both make some good points and, while I've never been in either of your stores, I have a feeling that I'd probably be satisfied doing business with either of you. But let's be honest here for just a sec. Your shops are very much the exception rather than the rule among smaller shops. You are both very knowledgable players that have access to a large variety of instruments. You both also seem to have some semblance of ethics in your business dealings. Now maybe it is just me, having grown up in Detroit and all, but the local music shop that I used to frequent (no names, please!) couldn't make all those claims. In fact, I couldn't imagine a more unethical bunch (this is purely my own personal opinion, based on my own personal experiences). I'm really not surprised that people are quick to deal with a "mail order" type agency. I know I'm more comfortable with that setup than with any of the other choices I've had experience with. I've noticed that to get the kind of service you describe, you either give up access to a large number of manufacturers and/or you give up a quality repair facility. The smaller shops I've had experience with simply aren't prepare to offer the equipment or services that I need, in spite of their high attention to customer service. I know that Dillon's isn't going anywhere soon what with their proximity to New York city. Hey Joe, wanna move to South Florida??? :)

Follow Ups: