Re: Mirafone 1816v F-tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on December 31, 1999 at 14:20:02:

In Reply to: Mirafone 1816v F-tuba posted by Eric on December 30, 1999 at 23:57:09:

When I first tried this tuba in San Antonio, it was the best F tuba I have ever played. The middle and upper registers were tonaly very sweet. The low register is excellent and very open, especially for a rotory valve F tuba. The note slots were also very centered. I tried it back in early February and this tuba was only available with the 5th and 6th valve on the left hand side. I believe they now have it with the 5th on the right hand thumb and the 6th on the left which I prefer. For the price, it is a very good deal at the Brasswind. I played it right after I played the PT-15. The PT-15 was a nice horn also, but the Miraphone was a bit easier to play and I prefered the sound over the larger B&S horn. This will be my next F tuba purchase when I can afford it. I would try to compare and contrast between F tubas as much as you can, and try to find a f tuba with a good open low register. If you plan on playing the Vaughan Williams concerto on f tuba, you will need a open low register. I currently play on a Yamaha F621s. I hope this helps.
Best of luck and have fun in the process of trying out different tubas!

Ken

Follow Ups: