Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6-valve Alex f For Sale/Trade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C(G) on December 10, 2003 at 00:26:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6-valve Alex f For Sale/Trade posted by dp on December 09, 2003 at 22:58:05:

I sold it about 20 years ago. Hated the way it rode--it was so whippy that I felt like the stoker would pass me going around a curve. Used to have a Bob Jackson, too. The Brits just didn't know how to build tandems for tall people. The Tango is probably far rarer. I think Jorgensen made a grand total of no more than 25 or so; two basic designs and ours was the last of the first design of about a dozen or so. As I get older, I realize that most of my friends ride "heirloom" bikes--I had a British riding friend who passed away about 15 years ago who had his entire family outfitted with the wavy-stay Hetchins; Claude was a good friend of the family. Another friend still rides the Alex Singer that he bought new from Spence Wolf.

We've had the Tango cranked up to about 70 or so and it rides like a land yacht. Toured loaded with it--rides exactly the same.

We're not collectors, though my wife does own one of the blue-powder coated Teledyne Titans and hates it. Rides her Serotta most of the time.

Follow Ups: