Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6-valve Alex f For Sale/Trade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 10, 2003 at 01:48:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6-valve Alex f For Sale/Trade posted by C(G) on December 10, 2003 at 00:26:22:

The Titans are just for show, especially if hers has the Teledyne fork. They were made of CP titanium, and tend to crack where they are necked down for the downtube shifter. And speaking of whippy! Titanium has come a long way since the Titan. Hang it on the wall and admire it.

The Serotta is at the opposite end of the spectrum. The one I rode was nicely stiff, though not as nicely stiff as my MX-Leader, which has to be the ultimate big-guy bike.

I never was a big fan of the British bikes. The lugs were too ornate and the tubes too thin. There was something baroque about them. I preferred the cool, clean Italian designs, without the usually decorations (i.e. Colnago's clover-leaf lug windows). And I've had (and have) bikes with Reynolds tubing versus Columbus tubing, and the Columbus tubing always seems to make a better bike, though I'm feeling design differences more than anything.

Rick "who would take an Alfa over an MG any day, too" Denney

Follow Ups: