Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stolen Roland Meinl tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by you're both not on December 25, 2003 at 15:25:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stolen Roland Meinl tuba posted by Really? on December 25, 2003 at 14:54:43:

quite right.

First, the whole idea of a Chinese tuba is that it is cheap enough to be disposable. If one had a terrible accident, why buy a new bell? Buy ANOTHER TUBA. Use the excuse of "totalling" the Chinese tuba to get a better one this time, and move a little slower / use a hard case / whatever.

Second, Matt Walters probably ain't gonna fix it. Perhaps he would make some polite excuse, but I really don't think he would want to mess with it. I'm not interested in messing with anything like that. ' no snob, but I have w-a-a-y too much to do...(' hoping I might be able to change my life away from "way too much to do" in the next few years.) Mr. Oberloh seems nice enough to pretty much be available to try to do anything for anyone who needs help, but he has his (absolutely deserved) price, which pretty much disqualifies major work on Chinese tubas. Lee Stofer in Georgia might work on it, but would probably really really REALLY rather not. others...I dunno.

Follow Ups: