Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mint Condition Yamaha Euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JoeS on February 18, 2003 at 21:57:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mint Condition Yamaha Euphonium posted by Alan on February 18, 2003 at 20:02:37:

A big 10-4 (sorry to substitute 18-wheeler for 2-wheeler lingo) on the MW-451, but I'm not sure that you might be supporting my point, as I've found the big MW model to suck just as consistently the modest Yama-321 performs well (at least on a tuner).

Naw, indeed at my best I am only "adequate", but adequate enough to honk on horns and (I believe) have an opinion as to whether or not they work. Again, I'm not getting into the "6" or "8" series Yama's where one might expect - or at least seek - more...The 321 is just plain ol' "good". (Honesty, I think the Y-321 would benefit from a large shank receiver. I think the "choke" in the front end of the instrument is one of the few problems the Y-321 has...its "feel".)

I still think a lot can happen i...NO, I KNOW a lot can happen in two weeks, and reducing the decision time reduces the chances for mishaps...or should I say "misunderstandings"? Two weeks is just about how long it takes for about 15% of the sturdy beginner instruments that we rent out to 12-year-olds to get totally trashed.

Unfortunately, it sounds like not a lot of good stuff for you "happened" during your "two weeks", and even with F. Lee Bailey standing right behind you I would rather give Alan a six month trial than offer some folks a two minute/in-store trial.

chew up? spit out?? ...' didn't mean to (???)

Joe "who thinks that most Yama-321's are going to be sold to the under-18 crowd - which is absolutely capable of doing some serious damage in two weeks, and whose parents are well-versed in the art of denial of responsibility" S.

Follow Ups: