Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mint Condition Yamaha Euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan on February 18, 2003 at 20:02:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mint Condition Yamaha Euphonium posted by JoeS on February 17, 2003 at 20:28:08:

I love it. Everytime I hear (or start) a sentence with "no disrespect" or "with all due respect" or "no offense, but", you know that there is some disrespect or "offense" coming! Then there's the flattering "pro euph player" and "artistic vs adequate" thrown in to butter me up. Why use butter? So it tastes better when you chew me up and spit me out!

Now that my need for wit has been satisfied, let me get to my point...

I've played a few Yamaha euphs that were good, a couple that were great, and a couple that were dogs. If they are as consistent as you say (and I believe that they are generally consistent, but not so much as to not be wary) then he could easily count you out and move on to someone who will give him the time to find out if he likes the horn.

I wouldn't buy a horn with only two days to try it... especially if I didn't know the model very well. I tried a Meinl 451 and had a hell of a time getting the Eb above middle C in tune. I couldn't get it close in two days. I thought that with a couple more days with the thing I'd have it licked. Not so. That horn didn't work for me, but I found out after having a fair chance to try it out.

As for a two week motorcycle trial... I'm taking a guy to court for a bike that I bought recently. It spent two weeks in the shop before they got to it, and the seller thinks I've been riding all over the world with it.

Alan "I didn't scratch, dent, or spit on the Goldwing" Herold

BTW - whatever happened to her favorite term "minty mint" euphonium for sale? I thought it was catchy.

Follow Ups: