Re: Re: Re: Re: Mint Condition Yamaha Euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JoeS on February 17, 2003 at 20:28:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Mint Condition Yamaha Euphonium posted by Alan Herold on February 17, 2003 at 19:54:13:

That rules me out.

Not meaning any disrespect whatsoever or any lack or consideration of your advice, but as far as I'm concerned if a potential buyer can't decide if they want to buy my stuff within a day or two, I frankly would prefer to wait for the next person who is not only interested, but one who better knows their mind.

I know that you are a professional euphonium player and my euphonium skills are "adequate" vs. yours which are "artistic", but I think It's still OK for me to say that I haven't come across a YEP-321 that was noticably different from the next one. The very reason that I like these is because, when I have not played the euphonium at all for a long time and get a call to "double" on euphonium, a 321 never lets me down. (Please notice I chose "a" over "the".)

No axe to grind here, but I'm thinking that two weeks of potential spitting, scratching, denting, and putting off of other potential buyers is a bit much to ask. I think the two-week thing might be OK, if the transaction were to occur between close friends. Otherwise, it leaves a seller with a large burden of uncertainty.

Joe "thinking that a $1200 used car would have far more flaws than a $1200 used YEP-321, but very few would $1200 car buyers would expect anything more than a 2-day return option. Further, a two-week $1200 motorcycle trial...???" S.

Follow Ups: