Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by That's foolish (again) on January 24, 2000 at 13:35:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf?? posted by Sage One on January 24, 2000 at 10:00:02:

I'm sorry about the name, but it seems to be the only way that you know it's the same person while I keep my anonymity (and there's a reason for it).
Should a music major interested in chemistry have to purchase his own chemicals, beakers, etc? Should a poly-sci major taking biology have to breed his own lab rats? I agree, if you are going to play tuba you ideally should have your own horn. Personally, I think that if you are going to open the program to everyone, even the non-music majors, (as I think you should) you have to provide the equipment necessary for them to participate. By virtue of his paying tuition he is "paying his own way."
As for myself, I haven't dated in about 8 months. The only TV I watch is the occasional football game. I practice five hours a day (two and a half on euph and the same on tuba). As you said, it's important to be completely committed to a goal, we just have different ways of getting there. Graduate a year later? Financal aid gets cut off after the fourth year here, so I don't think so.
I think I've made my point. I will say however that ideally he should buy his own horn if he wishes to do more than march with it, but ideally I would have three horns: two tubas and a euph. We can't always have what we want; we make our priorities and do what we can with the rest.

Follow Ups: