Re: Gronitz Tubas Eb or F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Boykin on January 24, 2002 at 10:32:43:

In Reply to: Gronitz Tubas Eb or F posted by Arnold S. Gottlieb on January 24, 2002 at 03:14:21:

I went to low brass werks and played all three Gronitz F's that Tony had. These are very nice horns, also very consistent between them (though subtle differences like all horns) they were all three great instruments. The low register is very clear and responsive and the sound is very nice all over the horn. Anyone looking for an F Tuba should try these. They are high quality at any price, but at what they sell for they are a fabulous buy! If I did not already have an F I would have bought on the spot. I own too many tubas already, otherwise there would be one more! I gave serious thought to proposing a trade.

The fifth valve is a tri-tone which seems odd at first, but it actually works out quite nice. The BBb below the staff is 2+5, then (A to Gb) it fingers like a CC except the fifth valve is down.

One is gone already (as of last week) I heard Tommy Johnson bought it. So Tony Has one silver and one lacquered brass left (at least last week he did).

Good luck!

Follow Ups: