Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone knows this tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hermann on January 27, 2004 at 10:40:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Anyone knows this tuba? posted by K on January 27, 2004 at 10:13:11:

I must convince, that my Website doesn't tell the whole truth about me... I'm playing trumpet for 25 years and have played a little trombone also in the last few years, so brass playing is not new too me. But you're right, my brother plays bass trombone and tuba and sousaphone, so I have some help from this side. I started playing tuba 23 month ago for a new music project without any drums, but the need of a very rhytmical brass bass.

Back to the tuba: it has a very nice and warm sound. Pedal F is easy an in tune. When the 4th valve is in action the tuba sound very stuffy, but I hope this can be avoided with some more training from my side.

The note above the "high f" (8th partial tone) are very hard to play, but may be this will get better (I think the tuba hasn't been played in the high range for many, many years...)

The most amazing thing with this tuba is, that the valves are (nearly) air-tight! I see no signs of corrosion. If the tuba is really as old as you guess, it is in very, very good shape.

Hermann

Follow Ups: