Kalison 6/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on June 02, 2000 at 22:12:45:

First of all, WELCOME BACK SEAN!!! Jeez, get sick for a couple of days & see what you miss!

An earlier post mentioned the Kalison Pro2001. HOLY SMOKES!! I have played one and can tell you that it is a top-notch horn. On the horn that I played (Over several weeks, in several lessons) there were no bad notes. Middle-line D was as in tune as first ledger-line E, with no adjustments to the 1st valve slide. Every note was in tune with no adjustments. The low register was incredibly open, and it was very easy to play in the upper register as well. It is very well thought out, and very comfortable for a horn of it's size.

Although this horn is listed as a 6/4, it is not a huge-a-phone (smaller than a CB-50, but better all-around, I think). Although it is capable of a HUGE, warm sound, it can also easily lighten up to do quintet work. It was a joy to play, and anyone considering a new horn should give it a look. Dis ain't yer daddy's Kalison. It is the finest horn I have ever played, and it is the horn that I will most likely buy.

Check out the Kalison website at www.kalison.com. The pictures can't even begin to tell the story.

Steve

Follow Ups: