Switching Problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy H on June 25, 2001 at 01:59:19:

Hi Everyone!
As some of you may remember, I recently got a CC tuba. As being only a 10th grader, I don't have that large of collection of things that I've played, be it solos, ensembles, region music, work books, ect.. Now, I started looking at the Tyrell book just for variety, but, of course, I don't think I'm even playing them as much as half speed ^_^. I Keep looking at these pieces and thinking, "Man, I could whip through this," (on my BBb) then getting frustrated when I have trouble with the F# fingering (on the CC). So that leads me to two questions:

1) Is there anything else I can do to help speed up the switching process? I've played my 7th and 8th grade solos at least 10 times each (my 9th is still a little tricky for me to handle right now), my region music is generally "all played out" and not fun to play because, well, I'm basically sick of it. I've been working on scales, but those don't seem to help the fingering problem much.

2) Is there anything I could play for fun (you know, for those days when you need reminded it's fun to play)? I'm not quite sure what this would be, but I'm open to suggestions ^_^

Well, thanks for listening to my rambling questions ^_^

Tracy

P.S. I'm sorry if this is a much repeated question, but I just don't know what to look up that doesn't come out as 0 results.If you happen to know off the top of your head a thread that fits, please, send it my way ^_^

Follow Ups: