Re: HK Phil tuba audition open(high salary )

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anon. on March 09, 2001 at 10:27:42:

In Reply to: HK Phil tuba audition open(high salary ) posted by Tuba on March 08, 2001 at 22:29:46:

I must say that I am little dissapointed in what I am reading on this TUBENET about this audition. People are asking if $65,000 USD is enough money, why is there an opening, etc... Look, $65,000 USD is good money anywhere and the majority of the people who read this will NEVER make a living (even a humble one)playing the tuba. Any salary tuba position is a good job! Donīt be fools, take auditions and hope that someday youīll get a job whether it be in Hong Kong or on Mars because the odds say you wonīt. This is not to be negative. I just want people to understand that any audition should be taken seriously and any opening should be as well. Win the audition and then decide whether itīs a "good job" or not. Itīs a tough world out there so how about worrying about practicing more and pray that youīll get a job someday playing the tuba and not critizing full time salary tuba positions with benefits! Good luck to all!

Follow Ups: