Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on March 10, 2003 at 05:08:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb posted by Klaus on March 10, 2003 at 02:44:14:

Be careful, Klaus. Which principles do you think I'm not being true to? What do you think I'm saying? Because what I read in your posts seems utterly out of proportion to my statements, and I can only suspect that you are misunderstanding me profoundly.

I'm always true to my posts, unless I say otherwise. I recommended a BBb for the gentleman for the same reasons that I play one myself. My own abilities with regard to intonation are limited at best, and I do much better in a section of BBb players of my own skill level than I have done in sections of CC players of my own level.

I would rather play in a band that has terrible intonation problems than play in my living room for the sole entertainment of my wife's pet rabbit (who has a tin ear, by the way, proved by his apparent enjoyment of my practice).

If you truly are open to people doing their best, as you say, then recognize that I have said nothing at all to suggest that I or my friends are not doing our best.

You should also be careful of setting such externally stated and applied high standards, because one day your hearing may slip a little and then you'll be the one everyone is trying to adjust to. You may not mind being precluded from playing in bands at that point, but I hope you never face the choice.

Rick "who doesn't need his limitations thrown in his face" Denney

Follow Ups: