Re: .PDF sample of scale routines uploaded

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pat on May 06, 2003 at 08:52:09:

In Reply to: .PDF sample of scale routines uploaded posted by Klaus on May 06, 2003 at 01:22:40:

Just when I think I pretty well understand something someone throws a curve at me. I am neither a particularly accomplished tuba player nor have I gotten into the British Band thing yet but I do play Eb and BBb tuba, all bass clef. Each requires different fingerings in bass clef. BBb treble clef tuba music is transposed. A C natural is a concert Bb. You can look at this as an Eb in the bass clef and use Eb fingerings on the BBb tuba after adding the necessary flats. It will sound as a Bb concert pitch. I think I'm correct this far. I thought Eb treble clef music would be transposed so that a concert C would be an Eb. I see Bb transposed scales for both the BBb and Eb tuba. Does this mean the Eb tuba must read Bb transposed music? That would require learning another set of fingerings. I don't think I can see a trick to make this work. Eb treble clef can be moved to the bass clef and by adding the correct number of flats you can use BBb fingerings on a BBb or Eb fingerings on an Eb. Am I correct?

Follow Ups: