Re: Re: Re: An idea for orchestras

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B.G. on May 07, 2003 at 19:47:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: An idea for orchestras posted by Jim Andrada on May 07, 2003 at 01:56:54:

ANYONE has the right to disagree with anyone else's programming. My point wasn't to surpress anyone's own personal opinion. But just judging from the size of the endowment that the SFSO has received, and by the generally large, enthusiastic audiences that I've witnessed at Davies Hall, I would assume that your opinion is not often in the majority. Nor was e-bay necessary in getting to that point. I, for one, am enthused! - so much so, take I can't wait for the day I move back to S.F. from somewhere else (I still have an apartment there). Maybe we should trade places (Reno). It may be an exaggeration, but I think it would be a very sad day, if and when orcehstras play nothing more adventurous than Beethoven, Brahms, and Tchaikovsky - ad naseum. Nor am I a young whipper-snapper either. Whatever your age, I'm sure I'm not far behind you. If helps to put things in context, I also very much liked Herbert Blomstedt too, in spite of his sometimes stodgy programming (for my own taste).

Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: