Moral predicament

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anon. on September 01, 2003 at 01:07:45:

I suppose that's what it is:
I shan't bore you with ALL the details but a few months ago I went to a rehearsal of a group looking for a tuba player. They played well, and I knew I would have to work to play at their level. I went to maybe 2 more rehearsals and then they took a break for a month. It looked like they would take me on as their tuba player but I hadn’t signed on the dotted line quite yet.
It sounds a bit wishy-washy but, now I realize I'm getting bad "vibes". Not that they can't play; I'm just not into their approach to music, as in their motives for playing. I'm big into the "do it cause it's fun" approach, but also realize that it’s not always fun and games. On the other hand, there are still lots of other opportunities to play and I needn't spend time doing things I don't enjoy.
So there you have it, I don't want to seem sketchy by pulling out for what potentially could be considered inadequate reasons with inadequate time to find a replacement, and yet I don't want to spend time doing things I won't enjoy.
I would greatly appreciate any opinions or suggestions.
Thanks

Follow Ups: