Oklahoma Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ted Cox on April 30, 2003 at 07:05:55:

Friends,

I am so touched by all of you who posted yesterday, thank you so much for the kind thoughts and words, it means a lot right now and is helping me get through each day. I went to school like I do every tuesday and instead of teaching, I spent three hours talking to students and professors who stopped in. Afterwards, many of my students took me to lunch. When I got home, I had a ton of emails. I answered each and evey one for several hours. After I got that cleaned up, I finally made it over to this BBS and was amazed at the posts. I still can't believe it.
One of my students who came up to my office yesterday told me that the trumpet teacher was showing someone around and introducing him as his "friend" to the faculty and staff in the band area. My student, (the same one who met with the Provost) believed it to be the new tuba teacher or a candidate. I'M STILL IN THE BUILDING! It must have been a very busy day in the music office and Presidents office from the letters and emails and I'm sure phone calls. Today I will continue putting my documentation together and explore my options through the University.
I actually enjoyed myself during the half-hour I was getting fired. I've never handled myself better. My boss wanted us to remain friends and asked me to help with the transition. I'll share sometime with you what my response was. Anyway, I know this isn't much news, I mostly wanted to thank all of you for your words, thoughts and support. We'll see what today brings and keep moving forward.
t.c.

Follow Ups: