Re: cheapness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on December 06, 1999 at 08:31:01:

In Reply to: cheapness posted by Steve on December 05, 1999 at 23:03:32:

Yeah! Ditto everything Joe S. said. I love it when a person comes in and says "WW&BW is selling a whatever for X dollars. Will you sell me one for the same price?" Sure, it it's a deal! If they are a jerk about it, I won't tell them that I normally sell that horn for less. Sometimes they are cheaper than us, but you better ask me my price first. Besides, they will price match and we will price match, too.
Look everybody. If you can go to a store with tubas in stock and play the things, BUY IT THERE AND PAY AN EXTRA $100 OR SO IF NEED BE! ESPECIALLY IF YOU FIND ONE YOU LIKE!! Good grief, you are talking about a 20 year investment between overhauls. Wake up brass players. A violinist is trying to decide if the $9000 bow sounds as good as a $10,000 bow. Never mind the cost of the instrument. And besides, how many others hate going to the big HOME DEPOT to get simple hardware, but now days there is no other hardware store in town? It takes 1 hour to get in and out and they are only 3 miles away!
Come in, try my horns in stock. If you don't find one that you personnally like, thanks for giving us a chance. That is all merchant asks of people.
Also, Neiman Marcus(sp?) service costs more than Kmart.
Wake up people. Kmart is fine when a can of motor oil is a can of motor oil.

Follow Ups: