Re: newly redesigned King-Conn 52J/56J/2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on January 17, 2002 at 11:23:47:

In Reply to: newly redesigned King-Conn 52J/56J/2341 posted by js on January 17, 2002 at 09:58:48:

The fourth valve on the 52/56J is a .734 bore valve. The King valveset however is straight .687. I think it would take a little bit of a change on the King 2341 with the tuning slide and the branch after it to accomidate a larger bore valveset without a "funky" look to the taper. On the other hand the Conn could be easily done because it is set up for the exit bore of .734 on the fourth valve. I think you are correct in assuming that the "Large Bore Model" of these horns would spark additional interest for techno guys and may give identifiable results (either placebo or real) to the players of these horns.

The one thing I would really like to see is basically the Conn CC that Matt Walters fabricated with the short action .734 set and a Conn Eb bell. IMO that was a better horn than the .687 bore horns and the short action valves were heaven to play on. I would have bought it if I had the $9500 at the time to buy the horn. The horn was well worth it though.

I wish I had the parts/time/patience/ability/money to tinker with these things on my own, but I'm not that lucky.

Matt G

Follow Ups: